Welcome to the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and
Accreditation Division (IRAAD), the official Joint Forces Staff College
(JFSC) site for institutional data, reports, and accreditation information.
JFSC is one of five colleges within the National Defense University
(NDU). The mission of the Joint Forces Staff College is to educate
national security professionals to plan and execute operational-level
joint, multinational, and interagency operations to instill a primary
commitment to joint, multinational, and interagency teamwork, attitudes,
and perspectives. The four schools within JFSC focus on educating
military officers and other leaders in matters relating to
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Accreditation Division, is to provide exceptional research, assessment and support services to complement the JFSC mission and to facilitate accreditation of graduate-level programs.
- Coordinate institutional assessment activities, including data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Consult with schools in the development and implementation of their assessment plans
- Provide assistance in the following areas: developing/identifying student learning outcomes, selecting and developing assessment techniques, collecting and analyzing data, and using results to make improvements
- Stay current on research literature and accepted practices in assessment and institutional research
- Document assessment processes and serve as a clearinghouse for assessment information
- Serve as the contact office for the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for students and faculty pursuing research involving human subjects.
Comments, Questions and Feedback
Thank you for visiting our web site. It is our hope that the information and links contained here will benefit you and possibly stimulate additional dialogue on institutional research and assessment topics and issues.