JPME-II Student Registration
To register for JCWS, please contact your Service Specific JPME II coordinator for JCWS selection and registration instructions.
||Contact your J1 or functional manager for nomination information
||COMM: (502) 613-6439/6441
||COMM: (202) 372-3001
||COMM: (703) 784-9212
|| COMM: (901) 874-3459/2925
If you have questions about receipt of nomination or registration paperwork, please contact the JFSC Registrar's office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at DSN 646-6124 or COMM 757-443-6124.
Note: JFSC Registrar's Office hours of operation are from 0730 to 1600 Eastern Time.
Students are responsible for making their own lodging arrangements. A block of rooms is reserved for each incoming class, but each student must call to confirm their individual reservation. Please contact Navy Gateway Inns and Suites at (757) 963-9600 for assistance.
Without a reservation , on-campus housing cannot be guaranteed.
Uniform Requirements/Authorized Uniforms: [ Click here ]
JOINT TRANSITION COURSE (JTC)
U.S. military officers who have not completed JPME Phase I will require a Direct Entry Waiver and will be scheduled to attend JTC the week prior to JCWS class start date. For JTC in-processing, please contact the JFSC Registrar & Personnel Services office at DSN: 646-6124 or COMM (757) 443-6124 for JTC reporting instructions.
Report in duty uniform to the Quarterdeck, Normandy Hall (Bldg. SC-1) JFSC main entrance NLT 0645 on class start date.
Personnel, arriving in a TAD/TDY status, must understand that the servicing Personnel Support Detachment (PSD) for JFSC is not authorized to make advance per diem payment to TAD/TDY students.
NOTE: During in-processing, a mandatory social fee of $25 will be collected by a MWR representative.
PER DIEM - NAVY JCWS (JPME II) STUDENTS
Permanent Change of Station (PCS).Personnel in a PCS status, arriving in a Temporary Duty Under Instruction (TEMDUINS), should not request an advance per diem payment through their servicing Personnel Support Detachment (PSD) prior to reporting to JFSC.
Navy personnel, arriving in a TAD/TDY status, must understand that the servicing Personnel Support Detachment (PSD) for JFSC is authorized to make advance per diem payment to TAD/TDY students.
Local TAD/TDY Students.
Per diem is not authorized for local TAD/TDY Students. Personnel must report with no cost TAD/TDY orders which covers the entire duration of JPME Phase II.
Contact your JFSC Personnel Representative (see below telephone listing).
If you are active duty and plan to report to JFSC more than three days prior to your class start date, you must coordinate this with your assignment officer.
OFFICER EVALUATION REPORTS
All students must provide the "End Date" of their last evaluation report.
Army students' evaluation report (OER/AER)
end date must be within 90 days prior to class start date. If you have any questions, please contact your JFSC
Personnel Representative (see below telephone listing).
- Rank/Name/Class Number
- Joint Forces Staff College
- JCWS: Seminar Number
- 7800 Hampton Blvd
- Norfolk, VA 23511-1702
ABSENCES FROM CLASS
JFSC Policy Directive 2, Joint Forces Staff College Student Handbook Excerpt
3.2.15 Absences, Leave, and Holidays.
- Ordinary Leave and Special Passes. Ordinary leave and special passes are generally not authorized during the 10-week course. Leave and special passes are reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Emergency Leave. During duty hours, notify your seminar instructor or Director of the emergency. If an emergency occurs during non-duty hours and departure is required before duty hours of the next working day, contact the Staff College Security Desk (443-6076), for specific instructions.
- Absences from Instruction. Absences from course activities are not normally authorized. To maximize training and fulfill Service needs, a policy of full attendance and maximum participation throughout the course is in effect.
- Student Absences.
- Seminar Team Leaders (STLs) have authority to approve a student's absence for official activities for up to one academic day. Absences greater than one day or outside the Tidewater area require an administrative pass and approval of the Director to ensure line-of-duty coverage.
- Unauthorized student absences will be referred to the School Director for appropriate action and may be subject to disciplinary action.
- Medical Absences.
- Student admissions into medical facilities are handled in the following manner:
- a) Students notify their STL, or Director when they are admitted and released.
- b) The STL or Director notifies the Military Human Resources Office (MHRO).
- c) MHRO then notifies the appropriate Service home unit, i.e., Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard.
- d) Students are responsible for notifying relatives of their medical condition.
- e) When MHRO receives the appropriate admissions/release documents, they complete the necessary paperwork to change the member's duty status accordingly.
- Accountability. Students must keep their instructors informed for accountability purposes, bearing in mind that each medical facility in the local area has its own methods of notifying commands of admissions and discharges. In some cases, the seminar Senior Student may be informed for absences of short or immediate necessity if the STL permits.
- Holidays. JFSC observes legal holidays that may occur during the course.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
|POINT OF CONTACT
Point of Contact Phone Ext xxxx
COMM: (757) 443-xxxx
|Registrar & Personnel Services Office
|Military Personnel Concerns:
Orders, Vouchers, Leave, Military pay, Personnel records, etc.
|U.S. Air Force:
|U.S. Marine Corps:
|Student Officer Quarters
|SSO (Security Clearances)
|ITD Help Desk
Last Updated: 19 Feb 2019